Monday, March 1, 2010

Crossing the Delaware

I like all sorts of things. I like history, I like certain fiction things, and I like to build all sorts of Lego things. This I built. It is General George Washington crossing the Delaware River. George Washington is the Indiana Jones guy, with the stick. The rest of the guys are the patriots, Washington's men. I have a project that my family has been doing, I'll tell you what it is. We learn about something in history, then you have to dress up as a person from that time. I am the boss of it, if any decisions need to be changed I am the only one who can change them.

I'll tell you the things you need to do the project. A pencil. Paper. Your costume of whatever you're going to learn about. You can learn about people, ships, presidents, wars, fires, earthquakes, tsunamis. They have to be things that are real that happened in history. You can't learn about Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Titanic the movie. You need to get books about the thing you are going to learn about and you can only learn about one thing at a time.

Here's a picture of George Washington crossing the Delaware. Here is the link to Wikipedia George Washington.

2 comments:

stephcox05 said...

Wow, Uncle Zach likes to build things with Legos too, he is building a truck and a trailer tonight.

Anonymous said...

Hey!! That's the picture Jack and Annie are in when they're helping George Washington! I've read the book, but I can't remember what it's called.