Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Civil War

This is my trip to Atlanta. This one of these three men is a picture of someonw dressed up as a gold miner, a union soldier and a confederate soldier. The Union won the Civil War. My favorite gold rush was the California gold rush, but we're on our way to the Georgia gold rush.

I know what these men would have had in their time. The gold miner would have a pick, and a pan and a water canteen. The Confederate soldier would have a brown material for their water canteen, I've seen a picture of them and it looks to me like their canteens were made of wood, but they probably weren't. They would also have swords, cowboy hats, cannons, rifles, long knives, and grey uniforms. Some Confederate soldiers would also have hats like the Union soldiers wore, sometimes. The Union soldiers would mostly have the same things, except in a picture I've seen of Union soldiers, they had gray water canteens, but most were probably blue.

I know the generals of both of the armies. The general of the Union was Ulysses S. Grant. After President Johnson he became the president of the United States. The general of the South was Robert E. Lee. I have a coloring picture of Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant. Robert E. Lee's house was in Virginia. It is now Arlington Cemetery.

0 comments: