Friday, November 12, 2010

I got gerbils!!!


You know how I wanted gerbils? Well, I got some! One is white and one is black. This is the whole story of gerbils of why we haven't got them for a long time.

I bet you remember when we had mice in the house. So we couldn't get any sort of rodent. Then we had to move, which got my mind off of them. Then finally, we get to Utah and I want gerbils again. And so we go to PetSmart to get 2 females (we've heard lots of owners prefer 2 females and you should get 2 or your gerbil will be lonely). They only carried males. Then we drove a long way to another PetSmart and they didn't have any gerbils available, none. Not even male or female.
So, we called PetCo and that was a disaster. But I guess they don't carry gerbils. Then we tried Craigslist and just a few nights earlier, the week before my birthday, someone had posted brand new baby gerbils!! They were selling 2 females. My mom e-mailed them, but the gerbils weren't ready to leave their mother. So we have to wait a bit and just this week on Thursday November 11th we picked them up.
The white one's name is Snowflake.......................and the black one's name is Blackie. But I might change those later.




0 comments: